Sunday, September 28, 2008

God Of Wonders


Many nights I woke up feeling heavy inside,
Not of guilt but of breath.
Couldn't gasp enough air, hesitantly I arose from my slumber.
Many times I questioned, "God, why? Why does it return to haunt me?"
At times like this I felt so helpless, scared and couldn't do anything but to pray.
Then it is times like this I remember the story of the foot print in the sand.
It is then I knew that my God was actually with me all the time.
It was then I knew that I was being carried on His back.
Never once He has abandoned me nor forsake me despite of my ignorance.

I felt at ease when I know that He is with me.
And as I continue to believe in that,
My breath began to return to me slowly.
There's a lot I could have further question,
But I choose to praise God even in my storms.

Questions I can ask later,
But what more important is the task You had had me to do.
To continue living, to fulfill my destiny.
I know it is not time for me to die.
No, not now.
I shall remember the story of that foot print,
Not just now, but for the rest of my life.


"......Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me? The Lord replied, “The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.” - Mary Stevenson, 1936

3 comments:

anna said...

=)

Adrienne said...

hey, i hope u r feeling better...continue to trust in God ya!take care!

MaximumJon said...

all better already, thanks for your concern!