Monday, August 18, 2008

A Moment To Remember

Fuuh!! Is such a tiring month for me...
so many work to be done, so busy running errands for parents and preparing for birthdays, etc....
Finally, after Soooooooo long, I now can finally blog again!! Yay!!

I taught of resuming writing my blog yesterday but then I was busy watching the badminton match that made Malaysia stood up on its feet for almost an hour!!
I guess most of you guys watch the match right?
On that evening my family decided to tapau(take away) from a famous restoran just around the corner of my Taman food court area. Usually people always dine in but on that day, people were queuing up to buy food back just to watch the match!! And that delayed my dad from bringing the food back home earlier so that I feast on it to satisfy my hunger.
I read from the news paper today that people actually throw their movie tickets away just to go to the mamak stall at Damanasara just to watch the match on the big screen!
And I also read that even Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim(PKR Defacto) stop for a brief moment at a mamak stall just to watch the match before continuing his campaign!!
Wow!!
This is truly amazing, the first time ever I've seen and experience this in Malaysia.
It made me so proud to know that there are still people in Malaysia that have not forgotten the true meaning of being Malaysian.

I watch the whole match until the giving of the medals.
Although Malaysia didn't win, but I was really proud of Chong Wei. He was truly amazing.
He has made history for himself and Malaysia to be the first ever Malaysian Olympian to ever win a medal in badminton singles.
And to be rank world No. 2 in one of the most famous sports? Wow!! I mean who would have thought that a Malaysian could actually achieve something that big? (Oh and please don't include that "Astronaut" or should I say Space Monkey who goes on a joy ride in space and doing "Duh" experiment with our Money)
It is truly the best gift that Malaysia have receive especially in the month of Merdeka.
Never mind if theres no flags and decoration being hung up high in the streets, but a show of support to this fellow Malaysian by thousands other Malaysians is enough to stir up the spirit of Merdeka in the country.

Although Chong Wei failed to defeat China's own version of the Flash(Lin Dan), but he made his fellow country men proud, and he went down with dignity. Thats all that matters.

Lee Chong Wei, A man to be remember

Happy Merdeka Everyone!!

7 comments:

曲辰 王 Y.L.Ong said...

merdeka 31th lah..@@"

MaximumJon said...

I know, wish people earlier mah. Haha...did you watch the match?

Ashley said...

hey, for your info la, lee chong wei was once a world no.1 in the world of badminton. but sadly it didn't last long.

goshh.. i was at some bar watching the match.. :p

MaximumJon said...

oh really? hmm never knew about that. I taught all this while was wong choon han is the leading player of our country. Little did i know about it.

Well i guess is a good thing i have the olympic channel in my house.

Ashley said...

yup.. haha.. newspapers come in handy..

its free on astro my friend!!

anna said...

so nice of you to write this is a different way from many others, who just criticize him for not getting the gold cos he's our country's only hope.. great to see some positive ppl. btw nice writing =D

MaximumJon said...

Why thank you my dear!! ^-^