Monday, July 28, 2008

Got Smile? Part IV


YES!! Its finally done, finally over.....
My torment has come to an end....well....most of it.
The picture up there is my teeth, my "beautiful" teeth.
I had my braces done for 3days now, and I don like the feeling of it.
I know its only like 3days but its really really annoying!!
Yea, maybe I'll get use to it(I hope).

Okay, let me start my story at the clinic.
I arrive there at 10.30, waited for more than an hour there, cause some old auntie came late thus delay my appointment. But its ok, I'm not mad. I have news paper to read anyway. =D
I taught I'll be really nervous or scared or sweating when I got there, but none....well maybe I was a lil nervous but other than that, no feeling at all!
Hmm....maybe I just wanna get this over with asap so that I could enjoy my food once again.
Anyway, while I was happily reading away the papers, the nurse(actually I call her auntie Rachel, but is easier if I just call her nurse....feels weird calling her that) called me in.
I kinda forgotten why I was there in the first place. Must be the football article.
So I got up, fold the paper nicely, put it on the glass table, walk right down the hall, open the door that says "Surgery I", lie down on the chair while I wait for the doc to attend to me.
At that moment, I felt a lil more nervous, but not enough for me to get panic.

The doc check my teeth for awhile, then immediately grab the syringe and injected me.
I was a lil shock as I wasn't prepare for that encounter.
When I was younger, I really get freak out when the doc bring out the syringe. I was so scared that the doctor had to hide the thing from me and trick me to believe that I'm not getting the injection.
You should look at the darn thing, is huge I tell ya!! HUGE!! And I never like the numb feeling.
3 days ago my whole mouth was numb. I lost count of how many times he injected me.
I couldn't talk right. It felt like someone had just wham me with a baseball bat or something. Then the doc left me there for 10mins to get the medicine to work properly.
Since I got nothing to do while waiting, and I couldn't sleep, so I took some pic....

While waiting....

After 10mins the doc came back, clean my teeth and everything, THEN....
He pulls a plier out from no where, then he said, you SHOULDN'T fell any pain, even if there is a slightest pain, raise your hands.
He scared the crap out of me by saying shouldn't......Shouldn't?? Shouldn't?? Means there is possibility that I might feel pain la??!! o.O
So he put the plier into my mouth, clamp on one tooth, and he twist and turn and pop! Came out my tooth!!! Argh!! Eh....no pain wor??
Haha, my heart beat suddenly just stop beating like crazy and beat normally.
And he continue to pull out the other tooth as well....
And after that, I felt so relief....
Finally, the worst part, is over!!!! Hooray!!!

My pullout teeth, look at it, is so long!! o.O

My beat up face...haha, Yes I know I look ugly.
The doc stuff cotton into my mouth to stop the bleeding.

And the final part is the doc install the tiny metal for me and tie with a wire, which becomes my braces.
And vuala!! This is how I look now...

Smile! Smile!!

Well the pain wasn't as bad as the first time I had the rubber ring in my mouth, yet it stills annoys me.
My front teeth doesn't have the strength to bite anything, because it was being stretch by the wire, and if anything contacts with it, it hurts. Not that much but still enough to keep me away from chewing.
So because of that, I have no choice but to peal or cut the food into smaller slices and put it and the back of my mouth to chew.
For the pass few days, all I ever had was soup, or oats like Quaker Oats....
Something that I can swallow with.
Haiz.....you know liquid food won't fill your tummy to the max, as I get hungry REAL fast....
Just only yesterday I follow my dad to some seminar in a hotel, and they serve rice for lunch.
I have no choice but to eat something like this(see below pic).
Yeap just sausage and egg, even slice up I still have some difficulties to chew my food up.
It was yummy thou.

If I could bite better that day, I would have taken more eggs and sausages!!
They really are tasty!!

I wonder how long will my braces take?
Hopefully it'll take a really short period of time, I hate cleaning the braces....
=)
I hope this post doesn't discourage those of you who would like to have braces.
By all means go ahead...
As for me, well, initially I don't wanna put braces, but due to no choice, as a resort, I have to do it.
I'm kinda prepare for what ever suffering I may face cause I know sure will kena suffer like this wan....
But in the end, the suffering will pay out.
I'll have a cleaner teeth and a better smile. =)

8 comments:

blhc said...

hey u went for the seminar??!
was it the puteri resort wan?

MaximumJon said...

yes, didn't your dad told you? saw him and have lunch with him, with my dad of course.

blhc said...

uh no...he just said alot of food that day
and it was basically a eating outing

MaximumJon said...

haha, eating outing huh....kinda la. Quite boring la actually....

ohya, do you get ulcers when you put your braces on??

8beds said...

ahah! you go to doc Cheah! :) he very good wan la.. he doesn't give you pain wan..

blhc said...

occasionally la.....normally no braces u do get them....the doc shuld provide u some sort of plastic paste...gel....to put on top ur braces so the metal dpesnt keep pokin ur braces...

Desperate Witty Owl said...

freaking scary la... but then i oso 12 hv braces but super expensive la. u should list down Dr Cheah price so i can consider and open a Sue Ern braces donation foundation =D hehhee... looking forward to see your teeth!

.:Leeming:. said...

wahaha jon jon join the braces club hahah~